Sunday, February 8, 2015

Juice Fast Journey: Transition Day 5

Today was the first morning I didn't really feel like juicing. But I made sure to not eat anything else until I had made my juice. I still really think that having a juice is helping a lot in preventing constipation for me. Sorry for the TMI but it's the truth.

Breakfast:
- juice
- egg over easy
- bowl of fresh fruit


Nothing's better than the strawberries from my friends farm! Yum! And have I told you that I'm just juicing once in the morning now and storing my two small jars of juice for lunch and dinner? It is really nice to only have to make all that mess once.

So today I'm introducing corn for the first time in my diet. As you know by now I tend to suffer from constipation and I'm really being slow to introduce all grains and breads to my diet because I really want to make sure I'm going to be okay. Or at least learn exactly what foods cause my constipation so I can avoid them.

Lunch:
- homemade refried beans with onions, cilantro and fresh squeeze of lime
- organic corn chips
- juice


I made sure to give myself portion control and got a bowl of chips, so I don't just reach in endlessly into the bag for more. I actually didn't even end up using them all. I ran out of beans for dipping before that. Man was this delicious! 

I make homemade refried beans quite often. Being a vegetarian, they are a great source of protein for my family and are actually really cheap if you make them at home instead of buying the can. I even buy my beans in bulk from Azure Standard. If you haven't heard of this co-op you can thank me after your life is changed! I buy all my major stuff in bulk, like rice, oats, flours, beans, apples, etc. 

Today I actually had beans made because I was making ahead some bean and cheese burritos for the freezer. We buy the uncooked tortillas and since I haven't been eating much they were going to go bad soon, so I made a big pot of beans, cooked the tortillas and set up my work station.


I think I made about 20. These are great for on days we come back from the farm. I just grab a few from the freezer, pop them in the toaster oven to warm up and they're down in about 10-15 minutes, right when I've finished putting all my produce away from the farm. It's a perfect system.

On the agenda for today was also my husbands 30th Birthday party. I threw him a 'Stashe Bash! It was so much fun. I'll put some pictures below but I'll probably write about it on my other blog: Glued To Glory. You can head over there to see more pictures.




It was SO much fun!!

Anyways, I got distracted and of course I passed on all the crap food that I offered to other people. At the end I took what was left of my veggie platter and added some black beans, onion and I added olive oil and seasonings and roasted it. It may have been at 9 at night, but it was still my dinner.

Dinner:
- roasted veggies, with a squeeze of lime
- juice
- oh, and my very first small amount of fish! We had the smallest amount of mahi mahi so I added the few pieces of that too. My stomach did do some talking after this meal, but what's new?! Ha!


Well, that's pretty much the end of my journey. I have a few major food groups I haven't added yet, like dairy and wheat, but I'll write if something goes wacky but to be honest with you I'm not going to add them as long as I can go! No dairy means no congestion, right? At least that's what everybody says. My husband is still stuffed up and I haven't had a single nostril affected at all. It could be from the healthy eating or maybe it's specifically the dairy. Either way I don't want to mess it up. I'm feeling great and I'm so happy I've gone on this journey. It was a test for my own will power and I amazed myself to be honest. Now I know that with God's strength I really can do it! I know he is the source who helped me along the way.

Here's to a good, healthy life! 

Heather Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment