Thursday, January 29, 2015

Juice Fast Journey: Day 3

Today I woke up feeling surprisingly well. A lot of people talk about feeling pretty bad around day 3. Maybe it's because I wasn't really addicted to caffeine, soda or anything else besides sugar apparently. Despite being a bit hungry I was feeling fine and today was the first day I didn't have pain after my morning BM and flare is almost completely gone (sorry if that's too much information but I want people to know in case they are on a journey like me). It's been a week exactly since my initial flare up. Usually the first three days are the worse and then it's bearable but for some reason my body just didn't shake this one...until today, that is!! Praise the Lord!

Because of my sugar cravings I thought I would go with something sweeter today to help with my sugar cravings:

Morning:
-Orange Juice (carrot, orange and pineapple). OMG!! So good!! This one really helped with my sugar fix.

Orange Juice:
-4 average size carrots
-1 orange
-1/2 pineapple

Oh, and my weight this morning was at 122lb. Yikes!!
So, I probably should have actually weighed myself before I started but my average weight is usually at its lowest 130lbs. So even if I was at my lowest, that's still 8 pounds! Come to think of it my belt is a bit loose. 

So, one of the best things while on a fast is to plan a distraction. Having something to do and keep your mind off of food is great, not to mention all the extra time you'll have not preparing and eating food. Juicing takes a bit of time but not that much. Anyways, today was nice because we always have farm day on Thursdays. One of my closest friends and her husband own a farm and have a CSA program. So on Thursdays I go and help her get all the shares ready for pick up. I also created their website and update it as needed. My kids roam around picking strawberries and what not, it's awesome! And I am blessed with amazing food. So today was hard because usually when I'm prepping the food I'll eat a less than perfect strawberry here or there but then all I could think about was how good those strawberries are going to be juiced! 

In our share this week we got:
Cabbage, carrots, bok choy, Swiss chard, cauliflower, strawberries and Brussel sprouts. And do you know what?! I can use almost all of that in my juicing! I may pass on the cauliflower and Brussel sprouts but I am stoked about everything else!

We came home from the farm and thank goodness I already had my lunch juice ready to go because I made some melty, gooey, cheesy quesadillas for my girls per their request and I almost snuck a handful of cheese, but I just went and got my juice and sipped while I was making their meal. 

Lunch:
-my regular green juice

My husband came home and surprised me with some more sweet fruits for my sugar cravings, hence my juice snack. Yum!

Snack:
-pink juice (watermelon and apple) OMG! This is my new fail safe for when I'm craving sugar. So sweet and refreshing, forget that orange juice. Orange juice ain't got nothin' on watermelon juice!

The only thing that's bothering me is just the empty feeling I have in my stomach and maybe it's worse because I've already lost weight and I boarder on the line of being under weight for my height, which I realize a lot of people would love to have that problem, but I don't want to be skin and bones because that's not healthy either! I'm not starved, just empty pit feeling. Oh, and does anyone just feel like their mouth is just disgusting while fasting? I must be detoxing because I'm brushing me teeth all day long and my mouth still feels gross. Weird...but good I guess.

Dinner:
- I actually just didn't feel like it so I skipped, but I made myself a hot lemon and fresh ginger tea. Yum! It was like my little treat at night. Might be doing that more often at night, while my husband has his yummy snacks before bed I can fight the urge by whipping up myself that tea.

Tongue: does seem worse than usual.
Dandruff: same
Eczema: I only get flare ups every so often and right now I don't have one so that's good, but I hope it's laying a good foundation for not letting it happen again.
Hemorrhoid: almost back to being completely pain free, but first day of no pain meds. Manageable pain, more just uncomfortableness in the morning after BM. 

Day 3 done! Woot woot! This is the longest I've done yet. I had a couple two days fasts before but now I'm conquering records! 

See you tomorrow. God bless!

Heather Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment