Thursday, February 5, 2015

Juice Fast Journey: Transition Day 2

Today is another wonderful day of eating!

I have been feeling good, actually great. I wonder if my body would have been doing better if I'd eating a small amount all along. Anyways, I am still working on gradually increasing food while still trying to juice.

Breakfast:
- Orange Juice
- About a cup of honeydew

Lunch:
- Guacamole: avocado, 1 lime, fresh cilantro, 2 Tbl. Onion, 1/4c. Black Beans
- small juice



I did get a little big gassy once I started eating this. Could be from the fat or the beans I'm not sure, but My goodness guacamole has never tasted so good! Avocados were what I was dreaming about eating on my juice fast. They are a staple in my diet and I have at least half a day. Good fats. Yum! And I really need some fat on my body right now. Did I mention that my weight got down to 116! That puts me for sure in the underweight BMI category. I am just glad to be not loosing weight anymore. I've already gained 1lb. Since yesterday.

Dinner:
- broccoli, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 handful of blueberries
- glass of lemon water



Tonight was my husbands 30th birthday dinner. I made delicious salmon, broccoli and garlic bread. I wish I could have enjoyed everything but I was almost too giddy just to be eating broccoli. I think if I had eaten the salmon all the oils from the marinade would have made my stomach upset. But I felt fine all day.


So, one thing I'm noticing now that I didn't during this whole thing is my skin. I feel like my dandruff is the same but the rest of my skin feels youthful for some reason. I wasn't having an eczema outbreak on my hands during the fast and it had been a little while even before that since I've had one so its hard to actually judge, but my hands feel normal! 

Now, to understand what that means you have to understand what I occasionally suffer with. My eczema is mostly centered on my ring finger mostly but has sometimes spread to other fingers as well. Sometimes it just has small clear bumps and other times it's a full blown thing, dry, cracked, etc. My mom suffers from eczema on her hands and they get so bad they crack and bleed almost all the time. She wears gloves a lot of the time just so her skin won't snag on anything and make it worse. Anyways, even when I'm not having a full blown episode of eczema my ring finger is always abnormally shiny/dry-ish. It's kind of hard to explain but if you felt and looked at my other fingers you would see and feel the difference and now I can honestly say my ring finger looks completely normal! No bumps, no dryness and it's kind of amazing considering how much fruits and veggies I've been cutting up. A lot of the acidic foods react with my hands but they've been fine. 

Well, I'm happy to see some sort of healing in the outward parts of my body. Although I know I need to have patience to let my body truly heal from the inside out. 

Well, another day down and life is looking good!

Heather Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment