Thursday, January 29, 2015

My Juice Fast Journey: Days 1-2

Well, this wasn't the first topic I wanted to write about on this blog but since this is what I'm going through I thought I'd share my juicing journey with you. I am currently on Day 3 of my juice fast and I'm feeling so many things right now that I want to share with you but first let me fill you in onto why I have the desire to do this fast to begin with.

On the surface most people would see me as the spitting image of health: vegetarian, healthy weight, no visible signs of sickness at all, energy, exercises, etc. But what no one sees is all my 'hidden' sicknesses. There is no way to say this in conversation, which is probably why I don't share it with anybody except my close girl friends, but I struggle with hemorrhoids, bad! Ever since I gave birth to my first born and then it got worse after my second child and now it's almost a daily struggle for me. Everything I do revolves around preventing a flare up. I could go on and on about my struggles with this but I'll spare you the details but I will share that this is my main reason for doing this fast. I want to kick my butt back into gear if you will. I also have a few secondary issues that I'd like to see gone: eczema on my hands, really bad dandruff (which also showed up after my second pregnancy, weird) and my geographical tongue (look it up, it's weird). So, now that you're caught up let's move onto how I'm doing.

Day 1:
Well, as you already know from above I started this because of my hemorrhoids and I had already been flared up for almost a week and no relief, so I just decided to start it today. After all, the less stuff going through (and out) of my body the less pain I'll have during my flare up, so it couldn't hurt, right?

Today I made bags and bags of prewashed and partially cut veggies and fruit, to grab when I'm needing a juice fix. This really helped pump me up for the week of juicing. Plus, it's usually at those times when I'm hungry that I'll be tempted to be lazy and grab something else, so the easier the prep the better.

Morning:
-I honestly just skipped. Didn't feel super hungry yet, so I just waited.

Lunch:
-I had a green juice (kale, swiss chard, lemon, cucumber, celery, ginger. etc) for lunch. This juice is my favorite!

-Dinner:
-Red Juice (beets, kale, oranges)

Besides having my sugar craving at night when I normally have my ice cream (don't judge!!), today was pretty good and not that hard.

Day 2:
Woke up feeling okay. A bit sluggish but not really hungry. Still pain 'down there'.

Morning:
-Green Juice
Lunch:
-Green Juice with Carrots
Dinner:
-Green juice

Okay, I'm realizing I need to go outside of my green juice box, but why mess with a good thing?

Today I'm really having a hard time with my sugar cravings. I'm surprised by how intense it is. But I went to bed without ice cream. A success!! We even had a small group game night and had tons of snacks right in front of me and I didn't give in!! Man, I wanted too! Someone even brought a healthy fruit tray, but I can do this!!! I made sure to bring a juice so I felt like I was having something too, which really helped.

Well, that brings us to today which I will write a complete post about after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment